Skip to main content

[Short Story] The Lady & The Tigress

 


Zola a sixteen-year-old circus trope performer laid amongst a field of yellow lilies in full bloom during a brief respite from her circus performing duties. Alongside her was her trusty companion Lyra--a tigress who rescued her when she was a child during the war that ravaged her hometown Tabia.

The sun's rays caressed Zola's sun-kissed skin. She was engrossed reading a book she recently purchased at a shop. "I don't know how much longer I can go on living like this." She thought out loud while turning to look at Lyra who was napping. 

While she was grateful for the Majic Traveling Circus for taking Lyra and her in five years ago when they had nowhere to go. There are other personal goals she wishes to pursue and mysteries she has to uncover. For example, the phoenix tattoo located on her left upper arm what does it mean? All she can remember is hearing a woman's voice and catching a glimpse of her warm brown eyes before she lost consciousness again after Lyra saved her that night.

Before Zola became further lost within her thoughts, a familiar voice called out to her. "Zola it's time to start getting ready for tonight's show!" 

Zola sat up at the sound of the voice. "Alright, Rengal I'll be right there!" She replied. Rengal was an older brother figure to her he looked after her and cared for her wellbeing. Lyra stirred next to her slowly opening her eyes, she let out a yawn before stretching to stand up.

A smile spread across Zola's face as she stood up from the ground. "Well, let's give them one hell of a show!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[List] My Top 10 Favorite Saved by the Bell Episodes

  Saved by the Bell (1989) Peter Engel Productions//NBC Productions (NBC) I grew up watching reruns of Saved by the Bell, and I decided to list my top 10 favorite episodes from the show. Therefore, there will be no episodes from Good Morning, Miss Bliss. 10. "Drinking and Driving" This particular episode presented an important message in a manner that didn't come across as preachy and it really resonated. The message presented was loud and clear and so were the potential consequences of drinking and driving. 9. "All in the Mall" I enjoyed all of the hijinks that ensued during this episode. Imagine spending the night at the mall to buy some concert tickets.  8. "The Wicked Stepbrother (Part 2)" Eric was a good foil to Zack and gave him the runaround. Also, it was nice that Lisa was able to have her own serious love interest that lasted for more than one episode.  7. "Fourth of July" I enjoyed the overall premise of this episode. For example, t...

[Creative] 3 Ideas for Figure Skating Fictional Novels Starring a Black Female Figure Skater

  It's criminal how there are little to no fictional novels centered around a female figure skater or female figure skaters of African ancestry so I'm here to present three different story ideas for some: 1. Far into the future on the planet Acoren figure skating has taken on a life of its own and is a billion-dollar franchise. At the heart of this tale lies Zyia one of the main stars of her figure skating entertainment company. At a rival company, there's Amon who's a star in his own right. They know that they shouldn't be but due to circumstances, the two find themselves drawn to one another even though a romance between them is strictly forbidden.  2. Go on a journey with Baia and Ixen as they rise up as one of the most electrifying pairs in figure skating.  3. Follow the stories of three different women who are figure skaters as they navigate through life and the competitive world of figure skating. 

[Review] Wild Women and the Blues

  This was a book that I wanted to read for quite some time and I recently just finished it. I must say that it was a fun wild ride. The book jumps back and forth between two time periods the 1920s, or more specifically 1925, and the present-day 2015.  The main heroine taking centerstage during the 1925 portion set during the Jazz Age in Chicago is Honoree Dalcour a chorus girl who works at Ms. Hatties a black-and-tan jazz club. This historical fiction novel was a thrill to read. The cast of characters in the novel are full of personality and distinguishable characteristics. Even the twists and turns presented in the novel were interesting, entertaining, and an overall welcomed surprise. I highly recommend this novel.