Skip to main content

[Review] Kung Fu Season 1

 


This iteration of Kung Fu (2021) is based on a television show with the same name from the 1970s. However, with some notable changes. 

Like most CW shows, the show started off strong, and then it fizzled out towards the end. Nicky Shen overall is a likable protagonist and Zhilan proved to be a worthy adversary for her. However, the writers stumbled in terms of execution in trying to paint Zhilan as a sympathetic villain. Furthermore, it was disappointing how the show rushed through locating the eight ancient Chinese weapons which was a major plot point of this season. Lastly, the final showdown between Nicky and Zhilan at the end of the season was anti-climatic and lacking.

The show was renewed for a second season, but after the first season's lackluster ending, I found myself on the fence about whether or not I want to continue watching Nicky's adventures.

Rating: 2.5/5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[List] My Top 10 Favorite Saved by the Bell Episodes

  Saved by the Bell (1989) Peter Engel Productions//NBC Productions (NBC) I grew up watching reruns of Saved by the Bell, and I decided to list my top 10 favorite episodes from the show. Therefore, there will be no episodes from Good Morning, Miss Bliss. 10. "Drinking and Driving" This particular episode presented an important message in a manner that didn't come across as preachy and it really resonated. The message presented was loud and clear and so were the potential consequences of drinking and driving. 9. "All in the Mall" I enjoyed all of the hijinks that ensued during this episode. Imagine spending the night at the mall to buy some concert tickets.  8. "The Wicked Stepbrother (Part 2)" Eric was a good foil to Zack and gave him the runaround. Also, it was nice that Lisa was able to have her own serious love interest that lasted for more than one episode.  7. "Fourth of July" I enjoyed the overall premise of this episode. For example, t...

[Creative] 3 Ideas for Figure Skating Fictional Novels Starring a Black Female Figure Skater

  It's criminal how there are little to no fictional novels centered around a female figure skater or female figure skaters of African ancestry so I'm here to present three different story ideas for some: 1. Far into the future on the planet Acoren figure skating has taken on a life of its own and is a billion-dollar franchise. At the heart of this tale lies Zyia one of the main stars of her figure skating entertainment company. At a rival company, there's Amon who's a star in his own right. They know that they shouldn't be but due to circumstances, the two find themselves drawn to one another even though a romance between them is strictly forbidden.  2. Go on a journey with Baia and Ixen as they rise up as one of the most electrifying pairs in figure skating.  3. Follow the stories of three different women who are figure skaters as they navigate through life and the competitive world of figure skating. 

[Review] Wild Women and the Blues

  This was a book that I wanted to read for quite some time and I recently just finished it. I must say that it was a fun wild ride. The book jumps back and forth between two time periods the 1920s, or more specifically 1925, and the present-day 2015.  The main heroine taking centerstage during the 1925 portion set during the Jazz Age in Chicago is Honoree Dalcour a chorus girl who works at Ms. Hatties a black-and-tan jazz club. This historical fiction novel was a thrill to read. The cast of characters in the novel are full of personality and distinguishable characteristics. Even the twists and turns presented in the novel were interesting, entertaining, and an overall welcomed surprise. I highly recommend this novel.