Skip to main content

[Opinion] Vampire Academy & Second Chances


In Hollywood, sometimes second chances are often hard to come by, but there are also times when a property has the fortune of getting a second chance, and hopefully the second adaptation will yield much better results.

Way back in the late 2000s and early 2010s I read the Vampire Academy book series. I even purchased the graphic novel adaptations as well. I enjoyed the book series and this was also a time in pop culture where vampires and vampire-related properties were experiencing a resurgence. 

The first adaptation of the book series came in the form of a theatrical film released in 2014 which adapted the first novel from the series. It should come as no surprise that the film was a commercial flop and embarrassingly bad. I mean, the trailers for the film told you everything that you needed to know.

Fast forward to the year 2022, and a new adaptation in the form of a tv series this time around is about to premiere soon, and I must say despite some departures from the book, the show actually looks promising, so I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Honestly, I believe it's better to adapt the novels into a tv series than the limited time constraints of a film. 

I hope that the show is good so that it can get more seasons and who knows maybe if the show is successful they may even consider adapting the spin-off series or finish the graphic novel adaptations of the last half of the book series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[List] My Top 10 Favorite Saved by the Bell Episodes

  Saved by the Bell (1989) Peter Engel Productions//NBC Productions (NBC) I grew up watching reruns of Saved by the Bell, and I decided to list my top 10 favorite episodes from the show. Therefore, there will be no episodes from Good Morning, Miss Bliss. 10. "Drinking and Driving" This particular episode presented an important message in a manner that didn't come across as preachy and it really resonated. The message presented was loud and clear and so were the potential consequences of drinking and driving. 9. "All in the Mall" I enjoyed all of the hijinks that ensued during this episode. Imagine spending the night at the mall to buy some concert tickets.  8. "The Wicked Stepbrother (Part 2)" Eric was a good foil to Zack and gave him the runaround. Also, it was nice that Lisa was able to have her own serious love interest that lasted for more than one episode.  7. "Fourth of July" I enjoyed the overall premise of this episode. For example, t...

[Creative] 3 Ideas for Figure Skating Fictional Novels Starring a Black Female Figure Skater

  It's criminal how there are little to no fictional novels centered around a female figure skater or female figure skaters of African ancestry so I'm here to present three different story ideas for some: 1. Far into the future on the planet Acoren figure skating has taken on a life of its own and is a billion-dollar franchise. At the heart of this tale lies Zyia one of the main stars of her figure skating entertainment company. At a rival company, there's Amon who's a star in his own right. They know that they shouldn't be but due to circumstances, the two find themselves drawn to one another even though a romance between them is strictly forbidden.  2. Go on a journey with Baia and Ixen as they rise up as one of the most electrifying pairs in figure skating.  3. Follow the stories of three different women who are figure skaters as they navigate through life and the competitive world of figure skating. 

[Review] Wild Women and the Blues

  This was a book that I wanted to read for quite some time and I recently just finished it. I must say that it was a fun wild ride. The book jumps back and forth between two time periods the 1920s, or more specifically 1925, and the present-day 2015.  The main heroine taking centerstage during the 1925 portion set during the Jazz Age in Chicago is Honoree Dalcour a chorus girl who works at Ms. Hatties a black-and-tan jazz club. This historical fiction novel was a thrill to read. The cast of characters in the novel are full of personality and distinguishable characteristics. Even the twists and turns presented in the novel were interesting, entertaining, and an overall welcomed surprise. I highly recommend this novel.